Health Reform Bill 2020A bill to reform the National Health Service
|Author(s)||Their Grace Ser Looty Duŵr oobc pc|
|First reading||2020 September 18|
|Affected legislation||Health and Social Care Act 2012 (c. 7)|
Be it enacted by the Queen's most Excellent Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Lords Spiritual and Temporal, and Commons, in this present Parliament assembled, and by the authority of the same, as follows:—
1 Repeal the Health and Social Care act 2012
- The Health and Social Care Act 2012 is Hereby Repealed
2 Regional Health Authorities in England
- England is to be divided into Health Boards which will be responsible for all NHS services within their region.
- These Health Boards will be created by Secondary Legislation by the Minister for Health and Social Care
- Each Health Board will have a public health department which is where responsibility will lie for monitoring and improving the health of their population.
- The Health Boards are to be directly funded by and are accountable to NHS England
- The Health Boards will work alongside the Local Government of their region to ensure that Health and Social Care 6. Services are Seamless.
- There is to be no private provision of services within the system, with the exception of services provided by not-for-profit organisations
- General Practitioners are to be contracted by their local Health Board.
- This system shall replace NHS Trusts
3 Short title, commencement and extent
- This Act may be cited as the Health Reform Act 2020.
- This Act comes into force on the passing of this Act.
- This Act extends to England & Wales.