Combat Anti-Semitism in Wales Act 2020
2020 CHAPTER 9An Act to combat anti-Semitism via the Welsh education system.
|Author(s)||Iacof ap Antoni|
Their Grace Ser Looty Duŵr oobc pc, 1st Dux of Rutland
The Rt Hon Sir Zach Henderson oobc mr mp
The Rt Hon Charles A. Gladstone mp
|First reading||2020 July 1|
|Royal assent||2020 August 30|
|Commencement||2020 August 30|
Be it enacted by the Queen's most Excellent Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Lords Spiritual and Temporal, and Commons, in this present Parliament assembled, and by the authority of the same, as follows:
1 Teaching of the Holocaust
- Schools must incorporate the teaching of the history of the National Socialist Party’s discriminatory policies against Jews, Romany, Socialists, Liberals, Christians and other opponents and targets of their regime to all secondary school pupils from year 7 to year 10 into their curriculum.
- Schools must incorporate the teaching of the practices, traditions and ways of the Jewish religion in religious education classes to all secondary school pupils from year 7 to year 11 into their curriculum.
- The provisions of this Section apply in Wales only.
2 Short title, commencement and extent
- This Act may be cited as the Combat Anti-Semitism in Wales Act 2020.
- This Act comes into force on the passing of this Act.
- This Act extends solely to England and Wales, but applies only in Wales.