Nationhood Materials Act 2021
2021 CHAPTER 6An Act to provide free nationhood materials.
|Author(s)||The Rt Hon Revd Sir George H. Vere OOBC PC MP, 1st Baron Barrow-in-Furness|
|Amended by||Their Grace Sir Marijn Hoyle GCTL KOBC MR PC MP, 1st Dux van Hoorn|
|First reading||2021 March 5|
|Royal assent||2021 April 21|
|Commencement||2021 April 21|
Be it enacted by the Queen's most Excellent Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Lords Spiritual and Temporal, and Commons, in this present Parliament assembled, and by the authority of the same, as follows:
1 Nationhood materials
- All legal voters residing within the United Kingdom shall have the right to request certain nationhood materials (see Schedule 1) from their local MP.
- Fulfillment of this request shall be dependent on the availability of the available material and the respective MP’s annual office budget. If the request cannot be reasonably fulfilled, the requesting constituent is not entitled to free nationhood materials, and the requester may be told to wait until the material is available or until the request can be fulfilled.
- For physical items, the default method of delivery will be postal delivery through Royal Mail. For digital items, the default method will be email to the email address provided by the requester. Any alternative delivery method is at the discretion of the MP and the Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority.
- The requester will not incur any costs from the procurement or delivery of these items, and all expenses shall be covered by the budget of the MP the materials were requested from.
- MPs who receive a request for nationhood provisions shall coordinate with the Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority, which shall be responsible for procuring and delivering the requested materials.
- Procuring nationhood materials will come out of the annual budget for each respective MP, and MPs shall not fulfill a nationhood request if it will cause them to exceed their allotted budget.
- The Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority shall monitor the provision of nationhood materials, and it shall be allowed to set further restrictions and rules as it deems necessary.
3 Short title, commencement and extent
- This Act may be cited as the Nationhood Materials Act 2021.
- This Act comes into force on the passing of this Act.
- This Act extends to all of Great Britain.
Schedule 1: Nationhood materials
- Nationhood materials shall be taken to include the following items, which can be requested by any voter residing within the United Kingdom:
- Flag of the United Kingdom enamel lapel pin
- DVD, CD, vinyl record, or digital dowloadof ‘God Save the Queen’, ‘Rule, Britannia’, or ‘Jerusalem’
- A portrait no smaller than 50 cm by 76 cm of the reigning monarch at the time of the request.
- A United Kingdom flag no smaller than 91 cm by 182 cm
- The following nationhood materials shall be available to voters whose legal residence is within a Scottish constituency:
- Flag of Scotland enamel lapel pin
- DVD, CD, vinyl record, or digital dowload of a recording of ‘Flower of Scotland’ or ‘Scotland the Brave’
- A Scotland flag no smaller than 91 cm by 152 cm
- The following nationhood materials shall be available to voters whose legal residence is within a Welsh constituency:
- Flag of Wales enamel lapel pin
- DVD, CD, vinyl record, or digital dowload of a recording of ‘Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau’
- A Wales flag no smaller than 91 cm by 152 cm
- The following nationhood materials shall be available to all voters whose legal residence is within a English constituency:
- Flag of England enamel lapel pin
- A flag of England no smaller than 91 cm by 152 cm.