Let Me Watch Sport BillA bill to end useless Sport blackouts on Television and Streaming Services in the United Kingdom
|Author(s)||The Rt Hon Sir Zach Henderson oobc mr mp|
|First reading||2020 July 1|
- “Sport” is defined as a competitive athletic activity.
- “Television Network” is defined as a communications company which provides content on television stations.
- “Streaming Service” is defined as a communications company which provides content over the internet.
- “Televised Sport” is defined as a sporting event televised or streamed on a streaming service or a television station.
2 Television Blackout Abolishments
- All sport specific television networks and streaming services do not have a blackout for certain times during the week to provide content.
- During times of national emergency or chaos, a moratorium or temporary blackout may be placed on them, as decided by the Department for Digital, Culture, Media, and Sport.
3 Extent, Commencement, and Short Title
- This Act may be cited as the Let Me Watch Sport Act 2020.
- This Act comes into force after achieving royal assent.
- This Act extends to the entire United Kingdom.