Antiquated Legislation (Repeal) Bill 2020A bill to repeal antiquated and unnecessary legislation.
|Author(s)||Their Grace Ser Looty Duŵr oobc pc|
|First reading||2020 July 1|
Metropolitan Police Act 1839 (1839 c. 47)|
Town Police Clauses Act 1847 (1847 c. 89)
Be it enacted by the Queen's most Excellent Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Lords Spiritual and Temporal, and Commons, in this present Parliament assembled, and by the authority of the same, as follows:
1 Town Police Clauses Act 1847
- This Section Deals with the Town Police Clauses Act 1847
- The Following Paragraphs are pertaining to Section 28 of the Aforementioned Act
- Omit [F14] “Every Person who rolls or carries any cask, tub, hoop, or wheel, or any ladder, plank, pole, timber, or log of wood upon any footway, except for the purpose of loading or unloading any cart or carriage, or of crossing the footway”
- Omit from [F18] “or sing any profane, indecent, or obscene song or ballad”
- Omit [F21] “Every Person who Flies any kite, or who makes and uses any slide upon ice and snow”
- Omit [F24] “Every Person who Beats or Shakes any Carpet, Rug or Mat (except door mats, beaten or shaken before the hour of eight in the morning)”
- Section 31 of the Aforementioned Act, “If any chimney accidentally catch or be on fire within the said limits the person occupying or using the premises in which such chimney is situated shall be liable to a penalty not exceeding ten shillings: Provided always, that such forfeiture shall not be incurred if such person prove to the satisfaction of the justice before whom the case is heard that such fire was in nowise owing to omission, neglect, or carelessness of himself or servant.” Is Hereby Repealed
2 Metropolitan Police Act 1839
- This Section deals with the Metropolitan Police Act 1839 Section 54.8, “Every person who shall roll or carry any cask, tub, hoop, or wheel, or any ladder, plank, pole, showboard, or placard, upon any footway, except for the purpose of loading or unloading any cart or carriage, or of crossing the footway” is Hereby Repealed
- In Section 54.12, Omit “or sing any profane, indecent, or obscene song or ballad,”
- Section 54.17, “Every person who shall fly any kite or play at any game to the annoyance of the inhabitants or passengers, or who shall make or use any slide upon ice or snow in any street or other thoroughfare, to the common danger of the passengers.” Is hereby Repealed
3 Short title, commencement and extent
- This Act may be cited as the Antiquated Legislation (Repeal) Bill 2020.
- This Act comes into force on the passing of this Act.
- This Act extends to The provisions of this act have the same extent as the provisions being repealed or amended