Green Belt Reform (Environmental Protection) Amendment BillA bill to amend the Green Belt Reform Act 2020 to protect the Metropolitan Green Belt without compromising housing provision, and for other purposes.
|Author(s)||Ethan M. Upton mp|
|First reading||2020 June 21|
|Affected legislation||Green Belt Reform Act 2020 (2020 c. 2)|
Be it enacted by the Queen's most Excellent Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Lords Spiritual and Temporal, and Commons, in this present Parliament assembled, and by the authority of the same, as follows:
1 Amendments to the Green Belt Reform Act
- The Green Belt Reform Act 2020 is amended as follows:
- After Section 3 (6), insert new Section 3 (7): For every hectare of land within a transit zone where ordinances restricting construction have been removed under Section 3 (1), at least two hectares of additional land must have those restrictions applied to them.
- After new Section 3 (7), insert new Section 3 (8): The additional land on which development is restricted under Section 3 (7) shall be determined by the panel with regard to natural and geographic conditions and with an interest in preservation of biodiverse land.
- After new Section 3 (8), insert new Section 3 (9): The panel may, with the approval of the Secretary of State, apply restrictions to other areas of land where not required by this Act.
2 Short title, commencement, and extent
- This Act may be cited as the Green Belt Reform (Environmental Protection) Amendment Act 2020.
- This Act comes into force on royal assent.
- This Act extends to the whole of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.