Metropolitan Green Belt Expansion BillA bill to expand the Metropolitan Green Belt.
|Author(s)||Dame Jessica Fletcher oobc mp|
|First reading||2020 June 12|
Be it enacted by the Queen's most Excellent Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Lords Spiritual and Temporal, and Commons, in this present Parliament assembled, and by the authority of the same, as follows:
1 Land Expansion
- A panel of experts that have degrees in Ecology, Environmental Studies, Transit, and Urban Planning, and are from all areas of society will be formed for the purpose of adding land to the Green Belt.
- This panel will designate and expand the Green Belt protections to land they discover, which shall end up being no less than 50,000 hectares adjacent to the Metropolitan Green Belt.
2 Land Reduction
- The panel of experts may also make a recommendation for the removal of green belt restrictions on land inside the Metropolitan Green Belt.
- For every hectare of land reduced from the Metropolitan Green Belt, three hectares must replace it pursuant to Section 1(2).
3 Extent, commencement, and short title
- This Act may be cited as the Metropolitan Green Belt Expansion Act 2020.
- This Act comes into force on royal assent.
- This Act extends to the whole United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.