British Sign Language Recognition BillA bill to officially recognize British Sign Language as an Official Language of the United Kingdom.
|Author(s)|| The Rt Hon. Zach Henderson mr mp
(On behalf of HM Government VI)
|First reading||2020 June 12|
Be it enacted by the Queen's most Excellent Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Lords Spiritual and Temporal, and Commons, in this present Parliament assembled, and by the authority of the same, as follows:
- “British Sign Language” or “BSL” is defined as the form of sign language used for deaf British citizens to communicate.
2 British Sign Language Recognition
- British Sign Language is recognized as an official language of the United Kingdom.
3 Extent, commencement, and short title
- This Act may be cited as the British Sign Language Recognition Act 2020.
- This Act comes into force after achieving royal assent.
- This Act extends to the entire United Kingdom.