This bill was submitted by Joicehn Aiceshwit OOBC MP as a Private Member's Bill.
Constructive Confidence Bill 2019A Bill to institute constructive votes of no confidence.
Be it enacted by the Queen's most Excellent Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Lords Spiritual and Temporal, and Commons, in this present Parliament assembled, and by the authority of the same, as follows:—
Votes of no confidence
- A vote of no confidence may not be tabled by any Member of Parliament unless it also contains provisions for a vote of confidence in another member.
- If the vote passes, the other member in question will be made Prime Minister.
2 Short title, commencement and extent
- This Act may be cited as the Constructive Confidence Act 2019.
- The Act comes into force when the House of Commons and the House of Lords both approve the same text of the bill with a majority vote, and upon royal assent..
- This Act applies to the entirety of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.