This Act was authored by Victoria Ames MP.
Protecting Pensions Act 2019
2019 CHAPTER 16An Act to help elderly people keep more of their pension by providing additional tax relief on their pensions.
Be it enacted by the Queen's most Excellent Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Lords Spiritual and Temporal, and Commons, in this present Parliament assembled, and by the authority of the same, as follows:—
1 Tax relief
- The Income Tax (Earnings and Pensions) Act 2003 is amended as follows;
- Replace all instances of the "£30,000 threshold" with "£50,000 threshold".
2 Extent, commencement, and short title
- This Act extends to the whole of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
- This Act shall be referred to as the Protecting Pensions Act 2019.
- This Act will come into effect upon receiving royal assent.